On-site and Off-site SEO
This article is about basic phases of SEO (Search Engine Optimization). If you have developed or thinking to develop a website, you must keep these basics in your mind. I have tried to explain very simple way so you can easily implement it.
There are two Major phases of SEO.
1- On-site SEO
2- Off-site SEO
On-site SEO includes all those steps, taken to optimize website for search engines. Means On-site SEO is optimization of your website so Search engines can access and cache it easily.
Now you might think what is Search Engine Cache?.
Every Search engine has made a program called Spider or Bot. This bot follows hyper links and whatever page comes in front, it store all the text of that page.
Now you will be clear, It means your website must have good textual content. Because search engine can’t read Flash files and Images. They just follow their ATL or Object tags for graphics.
So make a good content by using best keywords.
Now here are the On-site SEO steps
- Get Targeted Keywords and use them in the content. You can use Google Keyword Tool to get keywords synonym and their phrases.
- Use keywords in you Heading H1, H2, H3 Tags
- Write ALT attribute in your all image tags
- Use your some keywords in Title, But it should not be long.
- Make your Meta Tags of Keywords and Description, You can use any meta tag generator like http://www.addme.com/meta.htm
- Use keywords in Menu links, footer links and content links. It will increase your keyword density.